Okay, I can’t resist. Just turned 65, which has many benefits. The local movie is $2 off. It’s half off to take the ferry as a foot passenger. Medicare gives me twice the coverage as before – for half the cost. Beyond the financial, though, this cultural passage into “senior citizen” has me celebrating Life – as this photo taken at my birthday party celebrated with my improvisational theater troupe attests …I am simply grateful to be alive. Six years ago I had a 45% chance of even being here, according to the cancer docs.

I am also grateful that the artist and comedienne in me is having a go at running my life, and the entrepreneur is getting the freedom to start and run a business (the VeRA, Vicki Robin and Associates Teleclass School), even as the activist keeps on keeping on (now with the Transition Movement www.transitionus.org).

So lift a glass with me and toast all of us shedding old skins … and putting on day-glo glitter.

8 Comments

• Weston Posted July 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Happy Birthday

• Maya Frost Posted July 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Happy 65th, Vicki!
    You look fabulous and I toast your wisdom, activism and sense of fun. What a role model! Rock on…
    Hugs,
    Maya

• Christine Reichow Posted July 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Happy birthday, Vickie!!! You are a beautiful 65 and you are really living your life. Thanks for changing mine!

• Sue Wiedenfeld Posted July 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Vicki, Happy Birthday! You are an inspiration! I love the photo and remember well celebrating your 40th with you.

This is all good and a wonderful time for all of us, as you suggest, to shed those skins….

Hugs and best birthday hugs

Lots of love, Sue

• Carolyn Hilles Posted July 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Very inspiring, Vicki!

You look wonderful, look and sound happy, and also, as always, your life keeps moving with excitement. Congratulations!

Carolyn

• Lindsay Dyson Posted July 19, 2010 9:40 am

Beautiful! A toast to you and your wonderful transition for your friends at the Pachamama Alliance.

Lindsay

• ConsciouslyFrugal Posted July 19, 2010 11:53 am

Happy (belated!) Birthday! You look absolutely divine in that dress. Thank you for sharing so much with us over the years.

• diane tchakirides Posted August 3, 2010 12:07 am

Vicki you look beautiful. You have a sparkle in your eye and a youthful spirit. You’re an inspiration to me!

Happy Belated Birthday.